Sunday 12 April 2015

White Chocolate and Raspberry Cookie Recipe



Another week, another bake! I hope your Easter was as lovely and chocolate-y as mine. My two weeks holiday is over now and it's back to uni for me today so I'm writing this as I enjoy(well not really)  a 2 hour journey, maybe the greenery in the distance will inspire me to write... Or just distract me.  

So this week's bake was a little rushed and not really thought through so it's not as exciting as I'd hoped but here it is... 


White Chocolate and Raspberry Cookies


Okay they're not quite the show stopping cookies I was hoping to photograph, I think I was a bit lazy this week (come on don't shame me for that we all have our lazy days)



These cookies are soft, chewy, chocolate-y, raspberry-y and very moreish (well for me anyway, think I have the biggest sweet tooth around!) and my Mum gave them a big thumbs up! 

Here is the how to:

Recipe adapted from allrecipes

Ingredients 

  • 100g Caster sugar 
  • 200g Dark brown soft sugar 
  • 170g Unsalted Butter (melted)
  • 1 Medium egg
  • 1 Egg yolk
  • 1 Tsp Vanilla extract 
  • 250g Plain flour
  • 1/2 Tsp Bicarbonate soda
  • 1/2 Tsp Salt 
  • 250g White chocolate (chunks or chips)
  • 75g Fresh raspberries (cut in halves)


Method 

  1. Preheat your oven to 170 Degrees C. Line and greaseproof a couple of baking trays. This mix makes a fair amount of cookies (around 20 depending on the size) so I usually bake them in batches.  
  2. Melt the butter and then cream together with the sugar in a large mixing bowl. Then whisk in the eggs and vanilla until creamy and paler in colour.
  3. In a separate bowl weigh out the flour, then sift in to the mix along with the bicarbonate soda and salt and combine.
  4. Gently stir in the chocolate and raspberries, the raspberries will break up a little bit but don't worry this will give more flavour to the cookies, you just don't want to let them completely mash up. (For the white chocolate I used bars and broke the pieces up into chunks).
  5. Spoon the cookie mix onto the tray, use around three tablespoons of mix per cookie. Obviously you can make them as big or as small as you like. Don't flatten the cookies as they will spread themselves when baking so make sure there's room for the cookies to spread (around 5 - 10cm depending on how big your making your cookies).
  6. Bake for 12 - 15 minutes until the outsides are starting to look toasted. Feel free to swap shelves and turn the trays round to give a more even bake. 
  7. when out of the oven leave the cookies on the trays for a few minutes before transferring to cooling racks otherwise they will fall apart, I suggest using a fish slice to remove the cookies from the trays as they are very delicate whilst they are warm. 




Happy baking!

Instagram - fashionablebake






No comments:

Post a Comment